Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Middle & Midterms

Well, we’ve passed the halfway point.

This week marks the sixth week of classes at RIT for the Spring Quarter. Between this week and last, most students had or will have midterms.

For some strange reason, all of my midterms are this week – although I’m not complaining. Instead of everything being piled into Week Five, it’s been nice to have a little extra time to prepare.

I’ve been checking all of my grades on MyCourses, which is RIT’s online connection between professors and students, and am doing fairly well so far this quarter.


One thing is for sure – I’ve been a little lazy. I’m not too sure why, but I do know it has nothing to do with not having textbooks. It’s time to get back in gear.

My schedule for the rest of the week, surrounding midterms, is as follows:·     
  • Wednesday: present Google Analytics in E-Journalism II, take Copywriting and Visualization midterm 
  • Thursday: hand in The Congress midterm 
  •  Friday: RELAX
So basically I have three major midterm assignments to kick-butt on.  I was in Philadelphia over the weekend and unfortunately didn’t get as much work done as I had hoped. Yesterday contained a lot of catch-up work and I’m trying not to get too overwhelmed.

It’s times like this I’m thrilled I don’t have textbooks. There’s no way I could fit in any reading and refusing to do so, would just make me feel guilty.

I’m a little nervous for my Copywriting and Visualization midterm (today), since the professor mentions the textbook every class. I’m hoping that since I did well on the first quiz (100%) I will be able to achieve a similar grade this time too.

My The Congress midterm consists of me creating extended response answers to five different questions. My professor has posted all of his notes online and I’ve also been taking detailed notes in class. I’m pretty confident that I can answer the questions without the textbook.

In case I can’t, a classmate of mine tweeted me this on Thursday:

Yay! A PDF version of the textbook! How amazing.

My Google Analytics presentation will consist of me explaining the statistics from this blog thus far, and no textbook is needed.

I will be sure to let you know how each midterm assignment goes.

If you’ve already taken your midterms – congratulations! If you still have to take them – good luck! If you don’t have any midterms – you stink!

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment